This CPD Approved course gives an overview of epilepsy, including causes, symptoms, treatments, what to do if someone has a seizure, and the legal position with regard to employment and driving. Different types of seizure are explained, and seizures not associated with epilepsy are also described.
The course is an overview of epilepsy for people who might come into contact with colleagues, service users and friends who have epilepsy and who want to be able to recognise a seizure and know how to deal with it.
This course is for anyone who wishes to gain an understanding of epilepsy, including:
• Social Care staff
• Teachers and tutors in schools, colleges and universities
• Anyone who might have a colleague with epilepsy
• Employers and HR staff
This course gives an interesting overview of epilepsy and its effects, not just seizures, but also the way people with epilepsy must make adjustments to their lives. Anyone who might come into contact with people with epilepsy should find this course interesting, useful and engaging.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
• What epilepsy is
• About the different types of seizure
• What triggers seizures
• How epilepsy is controlled
• What to do if someone has a seizure
• The law relating to working or employing someone with epilepsy
• The law relating to driving with epilepsy